Venue: Birmingham University
Registration: from 9.30
Convened by: Merv Conroy and Phil Jackman (Agape Workplace Initiative) at Birmingham University.
MacIntyre (2009) suggests that a Christian understanding might restore even to the secular university a sense of purpose of the nature of academic enquiry. He argues that the siloing of the university curriculum has dangerous implications for professional education and global well-being and argues that universities can and ought to renew a shared understanding of their mission. This seminar will examine the quest for integrated wisdom for health and education professionals attending university PG programmes and the impact of eroding time in schools for young people to consider values and virtues.
Speakers include: Edwina Pio (Professor of Diversity, Auckland).Wolfgang Mayrhofer (WU, Vienna University).
Files available for downloading
Clicking on a .pptx (PowerPoint file) will download it to your computer where you can open it. Clicking on the .pdf version will open it in your browser if you have Adobe Acrobat installed.
- Bham KeynoteAbstracts (3).docx- (18 KB)25-09-2015
- IJMR Oct13.pdf- (214 KB)25-09-2015
- Presentation - Ben Kotzee.pdf- (375 KB)02-11-2015
- Presentation - Edwina Pio.pdf- (2.9 MB)02-11-2015
- Presentation - Merv Conroy.pdf- (176 KB)02-11-2015
- Presentation - Phil Jackman.pdf- (424 KB)02-11-2015
- Presentation - Rezarta Kardellemaj.pdf- (144 KB)02-11-2015
- Presentation - Wolfgang Mayrhofer.pdf- (129 KB)02-11-2015